From the mouth of babes...

We took our son, Joy, to the zoo yesterday. My parents, who are here right now, were also forced to tag along. But they would go anywhere to spend time with their only grandson.

After a very eventful trip, my wife decided to give him a pop quiz this morning. (Sigh! She is a teacher...)

Wife: Joy, kalke ki dekhley zoo-tey?

Joy: Duck. Haati. Cow (= deer. He calls all four-legged animals cow!). Baloo (accompanied with dance steps of Baloo from Jungle Book). Tigga. Rabbit. Bandot (Meaning Bandar)

Wife
(pointing to him): Eta ki bandot?

Joy
(slightly offended): Na, Joy monkey!

Wife
(pointing to me): Eta ke?

Joy
: Cow!!!
Wife dissolves into helpless laughter.

Me
(pointing to wife): Eta ke?

Joy
: Haati!!!

I am practising IQ tests from today. My wife is on a diet!

Comments

Ritu said…
This was wonderful. LOL

http://www.phoenixritu.com/
Itchingtowrite said…
*screams with laughter at the last line*
Harsh said…
That was hilarious!

By the way, I have been reading ur blog since a couple of months by now...
And I must say You've won urself one more fan.. :)

Keep penning!
Unknown said…
kids never lie btw......nice,funny post....